Monday, September 26, 2011

Love

I think it's interesting how often people will tell each other "I love you." I find that the newer generations throw this word around as if it's nothing. Teenagers or people closer to my age group will date someone for a couple of days and start dropping the L-bomb around like it means absolutely nothing. How can you claim to love someone after having been with them for about 36 hours? (for example) I find it disgusting that these people claim to "love" their significant other before not really knowing anything about them to make a fair judgement.

I guess I shouldn't be judging too hard though. I've dated six guys and have told four of them that I love them. Three out of the four were told this within one month of dating them and one of my ex's I never even loved. I thought I did or at least convinced myself of that. But then again, I never really wanted to date him in the first place. I did it for his benefit. The first boy I ever told I loved was boyfriend # 2. With this one I at least waited a couple of months before saying it and knew I was sure of this decision. Saying "I love you" isn't something you can really take back so you need to be careful about throwing it around. It can get you into trouble if you're not careful. Even if you make sure that you really love the person before saying it, those three words can still get into you a lot of trouble. They definitely did for me. When I broke up with #2, he was heart broken. That took place at the end of June in 2009. I have not spoken to him recently but I believe that to this day he is still in love with me. And he likes to make this fact very well known. He never missed an opportunity to tell me so or how much he missed me. With the other three boys I have said the L-bomb too, I was a little less careful about it. In my experience, however, it didn't matter much when you said it. The result would turn out the same. Nobody being able to get over you. =P Two of the three other boys I did love when I said it. You'd be surprised how quickly one will fall in love again when they've had prior experience in the area. It's a pretty addictive feeling. With my current boyfriend, we said I love you to each other within one week of dating. This is very extreme especially for someone my age I feel but it's kinda been a special case. With him, it was love at first sight. I knew on our first date (also the first time I had ever met him in my life being as we were set up) that this was a boy that I could spend the rest of my life with. I still plan on doing just that. This is actually something I've never told my current boyfriend. Hopefully you guys won't reveal my secret either.

No comments:

Post a Comment